I hope you are all well and being peace on this misty evening. To maintain our equanimity in the midst of so much change is a deep practice!
This is just a reminder that we will be meeting at Robert and Monica Van Horn’s home this Sunday evening at 6:00.(Thank you Robert and Monica!). Directions and contact information are below. I hope you all will be able to be with us.
Please remember that Thay’s talks from this tour of the US are available at Plum Village Online Monastery pvom.org
Also, I have been invited to give a talk at 8:30 PM this Saturday evening at the Rhode Island School of Design Memorial Union at 226 Benefit St. Providence. This opportunity was created by Jennifer of the Mind Tamers and East Side Sanghas. A deep bow for her. I hope that you will be able to come and share the flyer with anyone else you think might be interested.
We are in need of volunteers for a number of things….Please consider helping out…
• Elsa is continuing her chemotherapy. Please hold her in your prayers. Clare needs volunteers who are willing to provide a meal for the Gambarinis/ please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Sunday meeting
• Betty will not be able to host the UU meeting after Nov. Thank you Betty for doing all that you have done to make us welcome for these many months! If you would be willing to be responsible to open the building on the first Sunday of the month …please contact Betty at BKornitzer@aol.com
• Renee is responsible for setting up at the UU and would appreciate some help. If you can help her: email@example.com
• Tina is responsible for arranging for facilitation and bell master at the UU…if you can volunteer for either of these, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd Sunday meeting
• Eva is organizing facilitators and bell masters for the 2nd Sunday. If you can help contact…email@example.com
3rd Sunday meeting
• Ann Moore is responsible to arranging bell master and refreshments for the 3rd Sunday meeting. If you can volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ENGAGED PRACTICE UPDATE
In the last email I sent out the link for amnestyusa.org for those who were interested in advocating for Troy Davis not to be executed. Those who were involved were very saddened that he was killed. May we not let this water our seeds of hatred and anger, but instead be motivated to take action. Amnesty has several opportunities to continue to work for this cause, including a Not in Our Name Campaign. If you are interested, please go to amnestyusa.org
Don’t forget the Peace Walk Saturday night and the Sangha Picnic on October 1 …some info is on the calendar page.
I hope that we will all be able to be joyfully together at some or all of these events.
Until then, enjoy every breath and every step.
with much love and the sweet lullaby of the crickets on our last summer night of this year for you,
DIRECTIONS/PARKING INFORMATION FOR THE VAN HORN HOME
Address: 24 Mallory Lane Wakefield, RI 02879
From the North:
Take US 1-S to RI-138
Turn right onto RI-138; drive for about 3.5 miles
Turn left onto RI-108 S/Kingstown Rd.; drive for 2 miles. You will pass the SK police station, then later a pond, and the Pump House Restaurant on your right.
Take the next left onto Rodman Street. (Street sign is hard to see; Dennis Moffit Painting is on the corner and the Peace Dale Mill is on the left.) You will pass the bike path and one stop sign.
Mallory Lane will be on your left. Our house is the second on the left.
See below for parking.
From the South/West:
Take US-1/N past the Matunuck exits
Take the Pond St. exit. (right after an exit for Post Rd.)
Turn left onto Pond St. Continue until Pond dead ends onto Main.
Turn right onto Main. Drive a short distance.
Turn left onto High St. Drive past town hall.
In about 0.6 mi, turn left onto Allen.
At stop sign, turn right onto Rodman. Continue past one stop sign. Mallory Lane is on the right. Our house is the second on the left
Our street is narrow, so we ask that you not part on the street. Up to four cars will fit in our driveway. If there is no space left in the driveway, you can park on Jennifer Dr. Turn left back onto Rodman, and make a quick right onto Jennifer Dr. Thank you!!!